Never leave the breast implant consultation session without discussing the following points:
- Why you desire to have a breast augmentation surgery?
- What are your expectations and the desired outcome from it?
- Your medical conditions, previous medical treatments and drug allergies that you have gone through.
- What are the medications you are currently on including every vitamin and herbal supplement? Mention to the consulting surgeon if you are taking alcohol, tobacco and drug.
- Discuss if any member of your family suffered from breast cancer and the results of any mammograms or previous biopsies you had made.
The consultant plastic surgeon will also make sure the following are made:
Evaluation of your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions and risk factors associated with you.
- Examination and measurement of your breasts to be made that must include detailed measurements of their shape and size, quality of the skin, and placement of your nipples and areolas, and also the distance from the small notch at the base of your throat to the nipple.
- Take the photographs of the breasts for study, records and comparison before and after.
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment for you.
- Discuss most likely outcomes of breast augmentation that you can expect from the surgery and any risks or potential complications associated with it.
Do not hesitate to ask your surgeon about anything you feel you need to know. Prepare a long checklist of questions related to breast augmentation before you visit a plastic surgeon for a consultation. It is very important to know and understand each and every aspect of breast augmentation surgery and it will bring down your anxieties and worries related to your new look and some preoperative stress for breast augmentation.